long time ago

    today

      History Of The Castle

      The Babó is a Nitra county family, which got a land as a donation to Vágvecs in 1652. At The national memoir of 1754/55 Hungary we find Ferencz and István in Nitra County. The family later proclaimed the nobleness in Arad County as well. Lajos Babó (1854-1920) was a member of the National Assembly, and his father was a servant of Imre Babó. After the loss of his position, he became a subnotary of the Arad table writer, and after that he became the chief Minister of the Kovácsházi district.

        After World War II, the major became the property of the local MGTSZ. During the ‘ 70 years, it worked as a horse manor with more than 100 horses. In the ‘ 80 ′s the MGTSZ liquidated the entire horse stock, so major was vacant for about 10 years, during which time it was significantly degraded. In 2000, Tibor Oláh and his family bought the Babo Castle and started a gradual restoration so the Babo Major again restored his old – more than 100 years old –  beauty. In Two full years we managed to restore the old light of the ancient building, which serves nowadays as a guesthouse for the comfort of visitors.

         

        IN ANNEX II, THE After World War II, the local MGTSZ became the property of the major. During The ' 70 years, he worked as a horse-drawn manor with more than 100. In The ' 80 ′s the MGTSZ liquidated the entire horse stock, so major was vacant for about 10 years, during which time it was significantly degraded. 2000. In the year, Tibor Oláh and his family bought the complex and then started a gradual restoration that the Babo Major again restored his old beauty. The renovation took place for the complete restoration of the castle building of more than 100 years old. In Two full years we managed to restore the old light of the ancient building, which has been serving as a guesthouse for the comfort of visitors.

         

        © 2019 Babó Castle | All rights reserved. | Impressum

        Made by Tibor Sarkany